Date(s) - December 10, 2020
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Webinar – Bridging the Gap in Children’s Health in a Post-COVID 19 California
1 CEU, Core • Complimentary to Attend!
Hosted by: Sierra Sacramento Valley Medical Society, Sacramento District Dental Society, Sacramento Department of Public Health, and Children Now
Every Smile Counts! invites medical and dental providers to join us for a presentation and facilitated discussions on Bridging the Gap in Children’s Health in a Post-COVID 19 California. Low utilization of children’s preventive and dental care challenged the Medi-Cal program before the COVID 19 public health emergency, but the pandemic has resulted in a steep decline in children’s visits. In September, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services released data showing a drastic decline in care for children compared to prior years. Missed services put the health of millions of children at risk both in the short and long term and exacerbate disparities. It is critically important for providers to work together to connect children to care. During this convening, attendees will hear updates on trends in children’s health care and efforts related to increasing children’s utilization of services during the public health emergency. Attendees will also engage in facilitated peer discussions to share experiences, needs, solutions, and best practices to close the gap in children’s health and dental care. This meeting is ONLY for medical and dental providers and space is limited.
Learning Objectives – At the end of this webinar, you will be able to:
- Describe the latest trends on the impact of COVID 19 on children’s health care utilization.
- Describe how medical and dental providers in California are adapting care delivery in response to the COVID 19 pandemic.
- Identify additional ways to integrate care with medical and dental practices and other providers.
- Identify lessons learned from other providers to increase children’s utilization of services.
- Recognize upcoming policy advocacy opportunities to influence children’s care.