Date(s) - September 29, 2020
9:30 am - 11:00 am
Webinar – Advancing Equity – Meeting the Health Needs of LGBTQIA+ Individuals Part 2 (Benefits, Protections, and Advocacy Overview)
1.5 CEU, Core • Complimentary to Attend!
Presenter: Antonio Page-Kahn, Staff Attorney, Legal Aid Society of San Diego, Inc. and Health Consumer Alliance
Join Children Now, Sacramento District Dental Society, Legal Aid Society of San Diego, Inc., the Health Consumer Alliance, TransFamily Support Services, Love is Love Movement, and the Sacramento County LGBTQ Caucus for the next Every Smile Counts! Medical Dental Learning collaborative meeting for Part 2 of the webinar series focused on the law and health advocacy for LGBTQIA+ individuals.
We will build on our previous webinar Advancing Equity – Meeting the Health Needs of LGBTQIA+ Individuals with more focused information that will cover:
- Deeper dive on meeting the health needs of LGBTQIA+ individuals [as needed and identified from prior webinar]
- Overview of gender affirming services and services that are gender concentrated.
- Overview of LGBTQIA+ state and federal protections such as privacy protections and protections against discrimination.
- Real life examples of LGBTQIA+ discrimination and how implicit discrimination may manifest in the health care realm.
- Advocacy opportunities and a list of things providers can do to help their facility become more LGBTQIA+ friendly.