Date(s) - October 28, 2021
6:45 pm - 8:45 pm
Webinar Licensure Renewal – California Dental Practice Act
2 CEU, Core • $79 Member Price
If you sign up for this California Dental Practice Act course on October 28th, you are able to attend the Mandatory HIPAA Compliance course by Jeff Broudy; PCIHIPAA for free!
This seminar reviews the DPA topics and updated regulations that are required for re-licensure through stories about violations of the law, questions about the legality of conditions and scenarios. After attending the course, attendees will be familiar with the scope of regulations addressed in the DPA, how those regulations define dental practice limits, how to find answers to legal questions addressed by the DPA, how the California Dental Board enforces the DPA and where to locate resources to further their knowledge in this topic.
Learning Outcomes – Upon completion, the participant shall be able to:
- Be familiar with the scope of regulations addressed in the DPA
- Discuss how those regulations define dental practice limits
- Understand how the California Dental Board enforces the DPA
- Learn how to locate information and resources related to the DPA
- Definitions and role of California Dental Board
- Recent updates to the CDPA
- Acts in violation of the Dental Practice Act and attending regulations
- Statutory mandates relating to the dental practice
- Utilization and scope of practice for auxiliaries and dentists
- Laws governing the prescribing of drugs
- Citations, fines, revocation and suspension of a license, and license renewal
- Mandatory reporter obligations set forth in the Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act (Penal Code Section 11164 et seq.) and the Elder Abuse and Dependent Adult Civil Protection Act (Welfare and Institutions Code Section 15600 et seq.) and the clinical signs to look for in identifying abuse
- Licensure & requirements
- Consent laws
This Course is Sponsored by:
Nancy Dewhirst, RDH:
Ms. Dewhirst graduated from the University of Southern California, practiced dental hygiene for 20 years, is adjunct dental hygiene faculty at West Coast University and a member of Sigma Phi Alpha. Ms. Dewhirst is consistently listed as one of the nation’s “Leaders in CE”, presents over 80 seminars a year, is featured at major U.S. and Canadian Dental Conferences, and is a member of the California Dental Association Speakers Bureau. She has had many articles published in dental peer-reviewed journals and has contributed to dental textbooks and guidance documents.
Instructions for completing fillable PDF forms: Please open the fillable PDF form directly in Adobe Reader®/Acrobat. Get the free latest version of Adobe Reader®. Once you have filled out each field, please save a copy for your records to guarantee submission. Next, click the SUBMIT button to return the completed form to SDDS by email.