Date(s) - September 24, 2014
5:00 pm - 9:30 pm
2035 Hurley Way, Suite 200
Presented by Marc Geissberger, DDS, MA, BS, CPT
4.5 CEU, core
This fast-paced, informative session will introduce the participants to several new materials in the arena of indirect restorative dentistry. Tips and techniques for these materials will be discussed during this presentation, as well as the pros and cons of each material. This course will cover the latest development in all porcelains, cements, impression materials and CAD/CAM technology and elucidate their influences on the modern practice of dentistry.
• Gain knowledge of modern ceramic materials and understand limitations and strengths of each type of material
• Develop a better understanding of the indications and contraindications of each material
• Improve their understanding of the plethora of modern cements and which clinical situations are indicated for their use
• Navigate the technological advances in CAD/CAM Dentistry and figure out which systems may be most appropriate for their practices
• Learn predictable techniques designed to capture flawless impressions the first time they are attempted
Presented by: Marc Geissberger, DDS, MA, BS, CPT
Dr. Geissberger has practiced in Marin since 1991. He splits his time equally between his private practice and teaching at University of the Pacific School of Dentistry where he currently is Professor and Chair of the Department of Integrated Reconstructive Dental Sciences. A member of the Catapult Group, Dr. Geissberger has been awarded fellowship in the International College of Dentists, American College of Dentists, the Pierre Fauchard Academy, and the American Dental Education Association’s Leadership Institute. The recipient of several teaching awards, Dr. Geissberger teaches several continuing education courses for fellow practitioners. He has presented 200 lectures and hands-on workshops to colleagues throughout the world. He is co-author of the textbook Esthetic Dentistry in Clinical Practice for Wiley-Blackwell, which is currently available in 4 languages. Additionally, he lectures frequently on oral-systemic health links and health, fitness and wellness for the dental team.