Date(s) - September 20, 2017
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
2035 Hurley Way, Suite 200
Houston, We Have a Problem – IT Security, Disaster Recovery, HIPAA Compliance
2 CEU, Core • $75 Member Price
Does 192.168.1.1 mean anything to you? How about backup validation?
This is one area of dental practice we can safely say we did not get any training in dental school. Let’s face it the days of the paper chart are numbered especially with the federal government pushing for electronic medica. So I would like to take the fear out of the unknown and give the attendee the tools and basic knowledge to be able to have an educated discussion with your IT service personnel to significantly reduce future computer problems. I want you taking care of your patients and not reinstalling Windows or Eaglesoft. The best offense is an amazing defense.
- Understand the basic “anatomy” of a computer network and failure points
- Simple and effective methods to keep your computer systems free from viruses and drive by downloads
- Keeping your patient data safe and make sure your back-up is working
- How to choose an IT service company
- Most of us have most likely sent out an email with a radiograph attached; Unfortunately, this is a HIPAA violation and come with a $10,000 to $250,000 fine per incident. Fortunately, I have a simple and easy way around that only requires a web browser.
Jonathan Szymanowski, DMD, MMScC:
Jonathan Szymanowski, DMD, MMsc is a diplomate of the American Academy of Periodontology. He received his dental degree and postdoctoral degree from the Harvard School of Dental Medicine. He maintains a private practice in periodontics in Sacramento, California.
Instructions for completing fillable PDF forms: Please open the fillable PDF form directly in Adobe Reader®/Acrobat. Get the free latest version of Adobe Reader®. Once you have filled out each field, please save a copy for your records to guarantee submission. Next, click the SUBMIT button to return the completed form to SDDS by email.