Date(s) - August 14, 2020
8:30 am - 12:00 pm
2035 Hurley Way, Ste 200
Sacramento, California 95825
The August CPR Course will be an AHA blended learning course.
Blended learning is a combination of eLearning (online portion), in which a student completes part of the course in a self-directed manner, followed by a hands-on session.
When you sign up, SDDS will contact you and let you know what your one hour session time for you to arrive and do your skills text (there are three potential time slots between 8:30am-12pm).
Here is how an AHA Blended Learning Course works:
Step 1 – Register for the BLS/CPR providers course with SDDS (via online registration, PDF form, or phone).
- You will receive an email from SDDS with a link to AHA to sign up and pay for the online course.
Step 2 – Complete the HeartCode BLS Online course
- Written examination is part of the online course – 84% to pass
- Print up a copy of your HeartCode BLS Online Course Completion Certificate (bring this copy to the skills test)
Step 3 – Attend the IN-PERSON Skills practice session and skills test at the SDDS Office.
- Face Coverings are required to enter the class and must remain in place throughout the class.
- No food or drink please.
- Gloves will be provided and utilized throughout the training.
- Hand sanitizer and EPA-approved disinfectants will be used in the classroom.
- All surfaces, non-disposable equipment, fixtures, and any other shared areas are completely disinfected per CDC guidelines in between uses.
- You will be appropriately screened at the door (questionnaire and forehead thermometer).
- There will be no rescue breathing performed on the manikin except with the bag-valve mask (BVM). Mouth-to-mouth and mouth-to-mask ventilation has been suspended until further notice. Leave your pocket masks at home.
- To successfully pass the BLS Provider Course, you will be required to practice and demonstrate CPR skills on both an adult manikin and an infant manikin several times.
Step 4 – Your American Heart Association BLS (CPR) card will be issued to you digitally via email. Physical cards are no longer issued.
All this for the price of $75.00; $28.50 of it (paid by you directly) for the online course and the other $46.50 (paid to SDDS) for the skills portion – 4 units of CE included.
The August CPR Course is currently full, our next CPR Course is in November (it’s possible another course may be added as well). To get signed up for our November course, head here »
Instructions for completing fillable PDF forms: Please open the fillable PDF form directly in Adobe Reader®/Acrobat. Get the free latest version of Adobe Reader®. Once you have filled out each field, please save a copy for your records and to guarantee submission. Next, click the SUBMIT button to return the completed form to SDDS by email.