Date(s) - November 10, 2021
11:30 am - 4:30 pm
2035 Hurley Way, Ste 200
Sacramento, California 95825
Obstructive Sleep Apnea: Looking Beyond the Teeth and Savings Lives & Dental Sleep Medicine: Hands-on (In-person course)
6 CEU, Core (5 hours in class, 1 hour home study) • $298 Member Price
- Understand how obstructive sleep apnea affects adults and children
- Become familiar with the dental aspects of screening for OSA
- Recognize how to choose the best oral appliance for your specific patient
- Learn how to choose the best oral appliance design for your patient.
- Take a bite registration for an oral appliance for sleep apnea.
- Understand how to avoid side effects of oral appliance therapy.
Jamison Spencer, DMD, MS:
Dr. Jamison Spencer is the director of Dental Sleep Medicine for the Center for Sleep Apnea and TMJ, in Boise Idaho and Salt Lake City Utah. Dr. Spencer has personally treated thousands of patients with sleep apnea and TMJ problems, and now focuses on helping dentists help their patients with such problems. Dr. Spencer is the Past–President of the American Academy of Craniofacial Pain (AACP), and has a Masters in Craniofacial Pain from Tufts University. He taught head and neck anatomy at Boise State University, is adjunct faculty at the University of the Pacific School of Dentistry, and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Dr. Spencer has been invited to give lectures on TMD, Dental Sleep Medicine and head and neck anatomy throughout the world. Dr. Spencer now lives in Pleasant View, Utah with his wife and children.
Instructions for completing fillable PDF forms: Please open the fillable PDF form directly in Adobe Reader®/Acrobat. Get the free latest version of Adobe Reader®. Once you have filled out each field, please save a copy for your records to guarantee submission. Next, click the SUBMIT button to return the completed form to SDDS by email.