Date(s) - October 28, 2020
11:30 am - 1:30 pm
Webinar – OSHA: Train the Trainer, Then Train the Team
2 CEU, Core • $80
The target audience is the program administrator, manager, or other personnel designated with the responsibility of implementing the annual OSHA training requirements for the dental healthcare facility. This course covers the primary focus points to complete an annual training session in the office. This course addresses the development and implementation of an Exposure Control Plans (ECP) for dental healthcare facilities.
- understanding the OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Standard
- understanding the Hazard Communication regulations and the latest information
- determining potential exposure(s) and methods of control
- developing an Exposure Control Plan (ECP) and maintaining it
- exposure incidents, workers comp requirements for treatment
- training regulations and record keeping
Upon Course Completion, Participants Will Have the Ability to:
- 1) take a step-by-step approach in training OSHA in their healthcare facility while utilizing the OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Standard as a reference.
- 2) understand and describe training requirements and eligibility topics for all training to be considered valid.
- 3) design and assemble an in-office training protocol that allows for interactive discussion, continued team engagement in assessing weak points of compliance, and support on-going safety discussions that generate interest in continued education in the topic area.
LaDonna Drury-Klein, The Foundation for Allied Dental Education (SDDS Vendor Member):
Ms. Drury-Klein RDA, BS, is a dedicated, engaging trainer in OSHA, Infection Control and regulatory issues affecting the profession. Following 18 years of clinical experience and 20 years as an educator, LaDonna has successfully authored textbooks for dental assisting, served as a two-time appointee to the Dental Board of California under Governor Gray Davis, and is the Chief Executive Officer of the Foundation for Allied Dental Education.
Instructions for completing fillable PDF forms: Please open the fillable PDF form directly in Adobe Reader®/Acrobat. Get the free latest version of Adobe Reader®. Once you have filled out each field, please save a copy for your records to guarantee submission. Next, click the SUBMIT button to return the completed form to SDDS by email.